Sunday, May 13, 2007

What is better than email...certainly a personalized letter...


In this fast paced world where information is flowing in a fraction of second from countries to countries, personalized letters still carry a unique flavor.
On my birthday or on my anniversary I do get many wishes, eithre over the phone or on the net. The e card coming via internet are alright but somehow there is no personal touch, but I love those which come through snailmail. Over the years the number is getting less and less but still they are valuable.
I think there are few reasons why they are valuable:
1. You realize that somebody actually took time to write a letter to you.
2. It can be preserved for longer time.
3. It leaves a personal mark of the person who sent it, like his/her's original hand writings and signature.


I think these are probably reasons, why I cherish letters more than emails. When I ask my friends they echo the same thing which I am thinking. Let me know your views.
Sid

No comments: